How to Measure Foam
If you’re still unsure how to measure foam after reading this guide, please don’t hesitate to give us a call on 01202 486956 or email [email protected] and we will do our best to give you further instructions.
How to measure foam for cushions:
1. It’s always best to measure covers with the existing filling still inside, it is a lot harder to get accurate measurements from an empty case.
2. Pull the case taught, making sure you measure edge to edge, with no creases left in the cover.
3. If the cover has piping cord around the edge, measure between the piping, this will ensure the most accurate measurements.
4. When measuring the thickness, again make sure the case is pulled taught and that you measure between the piping cord for the most accurate thickness.
5. Don’t worry if your case looks like it domes at the top. Simply select the Polyester and Stockinette option for your cushions, for extra comfort and overall look of the cushions.
If you’re happy with your measurements, you can use our Foam Cut to Size system to order your new foam. If you would like to see how we make cushions, you can read our article ‘How we make our cushions‘.